Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Currently...

1. Yesterday, I taught my first computer class for the general public. It was quite the experience. The class was Basics I -- this includes things like the parts of a computer, how to use a mouse, and how move windows around on the screen. It truly is amazing what people do not know. I have to teach Basics II tomorrow. Basics II is comprised of saving, printing, finding programs in the Start menu, and properly shutting down the computer. Next weeks is the Email class, in which I will lead the class in signing up from a Gmail account and using the basic functions within it.

I will report back once I have been doing this a little longer.

2. I just had to shush some people again. They were really nice about it, though. I'm such a sissy when it comes to confronting people, though. I need to grow some librarian balls.

3. I got to go visit my EC library friends this morning! It was very good to see them all, and it's cool getting to talk to them more as colleagues. Definitely worth getting up earlier than usual for. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment