Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The other day....

I'm going to call the following patron Amy. I doubt her name is actually Amy, but you know how some people just look like they should have a certain name...? Yeah.

Anyway, Amy just came to get those books... you know, the ones you had sitting behind the desk for me? From a few days ago?

Well, actually, that was about 2 months ago and we have since reshelved them.

Oh, well, can you just tell me where they are?

Sure, but you'll have to remind me what books they were (because I do not have a super-human memory).

Well, they were blue or green... and there were two of them.

Oh, I see -- and what were they about?

I was looking up definitions.

So, dictionaries? I took Amy to the dictionaries in the reference section and there was, lo and behold, a matching set of blue and green dictionaries (Shorter Oxford English Dictionary, to be exact).

Oh, those aren't the right ones. I remember they were a couple of shelves over.

Hmmm, well that's interesting, since there aren't any dictionaries a couple of shelves over. But okay, let's go look over there for kicks.

Amy decided that we still had the wrong books picked out but that they would work "okay."

No comments:

Post a Comment